Monday, 23 December 2013

Chase away the nightmares of your heart!

First, I noticed her by the dressing room in the store at the mall. She stood, back straight, her eyes pleading to her husband if she could remove the dress she had tried on for him. In a room, full with over 50 people, he kept commanding, turn left, turn right, turn back...

I observed the situation and noted that the woman looked very very uncomfortable and sad. I walked on to the shoe section...we all have our pain.

 I joined the queue minding my business, looking hot like fire. It is what I do. It is who I am.

It was not very long when I turned around and noticed 'the husband' on the phone, gold wedding band glistening, sunshades arched over his forehead, loud 'recognize me' voice booming at the pay counter and the wife standing behind him.

He got off the phone and boomed out 'did you give me the 3000 naira?' she scurried to his side and declared in a shaky voice that she did. I felt physical pain.

She looked like a woman who had suffered emotional and physical abuse? What should I have done? What does one do?

***That woman is a reflection of the nightmares many people carry. By Daylight, you see them in traffic, all dolled up, tears running down their chicks. Afraid to cry in front of you and I for fear of gossip or fear of ridicule.

The men force themselves to go to the office and function like robots,

But the nightmares are there, re-occurring, but you stay there hoping it will sort itself out.

But it hasn't. Days have passed. Weeks. Months. Years. Decades...and you still hope.

Today, wake up the beast in you and chase away that nightmare of your heart. While you are at it, chase away the person(s) who cause(s) it

No, you won't end up lonely. No, you do not have to please everybody. Yes, you can be happy, Yes, you will be fine.

But like I say it is thru my eyes, you don't have to agree.


No comments:

Post a Comment