Friday, 8 November 2013

As we near the grave...

Lately, I have been so busy with many things especially projects (Work & Personal). I try to do things excellently but being a wife, an adult, a sister, a daughter and a colleague is so difficult. And me is trying to do all it can to stay sane.

But as I drove the other day with the calm of the universe in my heart, I asked myself what was becoming more important to me.

I was becoming short-tempered, increasingly irritated, I was giving my ALL to projects and not enough to God. My mind is always busy with some idea or the other and when I get in front of the computer ( I am lost)

But today, I count the cost.

What am I doing with my time. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't party but it appears that most of what I do does not have anything to do with populating the Kingdom of God nor making sure my perceived simple bad habits like 'anger, occasional gossip etc' does not stop me from making heaven.

As I think about this, it also occurs to me that I am xxx old. I realise each new day takes me closer to the grave, a day when I will leave this world. And I am confronted with what little impact I have made in the lives of people, and more importantly, on my last day on earth, will I be able to sing,
     'I was Here, I lived, I loved, I left this world a little better just because I was here'
 
Perhaps if our hungry, money-grabbing politicians took a moment and digested the fact that they are nearer their graves than yesterday, Nigeria may yet progress.
 
You...what are you doing as you near the grave?
 
ilsa aida

1 comment:

  1. We all on the fast lane and forget what is most important. Often times we want something/somewhere "grand" before we pray. don't need a special place or special time to pray, we don't need to be in a special mood to pray. Praying should be like breathing, - continuous, essential, life-giving, - praying is the conversation with God we start with birth into old age

    ReplyDelete