Tuesday, 20 August 2013

And Bimbo Alli got married...

I met this socially awkward girl when I first wrote the entrance examination into the private university I attended.
 
She acted like she knew everything and I was a bit bothered. I mean,  I act that way, I don't need a twin in that aspect. Craziness was bound to happen in the midst of two 'I to Know'
 
Anyhoo, I discovered this socially awkward girl was someone like me, multi talented and could do anything with her hands. We started the decoration business together, we snuck out of school to go to 'Simbabe' in Surulere to purchase balloons, flowers and any expensive and beautiful ornament to increase our popularity as the wonder women of the school.
 
Bimbo loved and still loves God and even though her mouth spew out caustic remarks at intervals, I realised early that she was a lifetime friend. (Some friends are for seasons)
 
When craziness creeped into my life, I realised that Bimbo was a loyal friend. It was so easy to spot her loyalty out of the circle of friends I soon realised gossiped about me and spent so much time waiting to see what would happen. Bimbo told me straight. She did not speak behind my back, she said what she thought and even though sometimes they were unkind, I was grateful to her.
 
We left school and went our separate ways. I started working in my current establishment and I remember Bimbo left her office to bring me birthday gifts of Ankara on a rainy day. She is that kind of friend.
 
Seeing her in the last 2 weeks, I observed that this lady had become a phenomenal woman, she had added sewing to the huge list of handmade talents, baking, beads making etc. I am thoroughly proud of her.
 
She leaves soon to another part of the world to start the journey with a man (whom I daresay is terribly cute). I miss her already. I miss her friendship.
 
Sweetheart...the best is yet to come for you. I know God will reward every loyalty, every kindness, every love you have shown me.
 
I love you to bits hun. I am confident that you will make it through.
 
love always
xoxo
ilsa aida

6 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaawwww I'm gonna cry. Yeah I love her too my personal Barrister she was/is... Toyyish

    ReplyDelete