Thursday, 27 June 2013

'My alone feels so good, I'll only have you if you are sweeter than my solitude'

 I sit crossed legged at the end of the Conference table and speak to every man who wants to date/marry me.
 
Listen.
 
You see, I am not really interested in whether you are wealthy or pay your bills or are responsible etc(though that would not be bad). I just want to know real quick what you can do for me.
 
Here is the thing, I work hard, I pay my own bills, I drive a very (did I mention super nice) nice car? I take vacations to places I wanna go, I am loved and respected in my work establishment, when I feel the need to mother anyone, I babysit my nieces and nephews, I super duper love my parents and oh I am able to buy shoes, clothes (Major designers or otherwise). I would say I am pretty comfortable.
 
But most important of all my blessings is that I am happy, I am fulfilled, I don't feel like I am missing anything. Nights are beautiful, I sit on my grey sofa chair and catch up on my TV shows with a glass of wine, I sing so loud in my room when I feel the need. I am truly happy especially when I see my girlfriends and hear about their marriages.
 
Many times I use the words of Destiny's Childs' 'Girl' -
      'I can see you've been crying and you need somebody to talk to
       I can see he is been lying and pretending that he is faithful and he loves you
       You don't have to be hiding, don't be ashamed he hurt you
        I am your girl
 
as direction for how to speak and counsel my girlfriends who are having a rough time in marriage. While I console, I just think what joy and peace I have in my solitude.
 
It is a myth that most girls want to get married. Naaaa, there is the new breed and we hate drama. We hate the nagging, the clinging, the upsetness that men cause. We just want us some peace.
 
So men, what do you have to say? 
 
My alone feels really really really good, are you going to be sweeter than my solitude?
 
 
***Let us hear what the men have to say about this***

It is just through my eyes darlings. Have a good evening!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if they hate drama, but the rest might be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want me this new breeds..doing their own thing and not waiting around for Superman or "Captain Save-me"

    Don't jump into marriages cos your friends are, cos so far i don't think we would be running out of Saturdays and its proven u only have 1% chance to make your second marriage work so its best u get it right the first time. Not saying a dude shouldn't get nice things for madam, but truth is 'Miss Independent' is a real turn-on and u hardly see a man born of a woman disrespect her.

    ReplyDelete