Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Who is a stranger?


~ Lucas Togan(@ltspark)


"Well, the WAY the STREET TAUGHT me, a STRANGER is ANYONE you CANNOT VOUCH for their PERSONAL or ASSOCIATION INTEGRITY." ~ 'Kunle Soriyan
The dictionary on the other hand - "a person or thing that is unknown or with whom one is unacquainted"
I have juxtaposed these two definitions to highlight the flaw in the latter. I used to think that strangers were just people with whom I was unacquainted but I realized that, though I was unacquainted with public figures, they were not strangers. The reason is that I could vouch for their association integrity. For instance, Michael Jackson, he is not a stranger because I associate him with his music that I listen to. 'Wole Soyinka, though I have never met him, he is not a stranger because I can associate him with his literary works which I read.
The common belief, which is erroneous, is that we all think vouching for someone's personal integrity(friend, sibling, colleague etc) is enough. NO! We need to realize that there are strangers everywhere and be cautious in dealing with them. Your sibling becomes a stranger the moment you start doubting his association integrity and colleagues remain strangers till you can vouch for their personal integrity.
People are sincerely dead. People are sincerely jailed everyday. Some are sincerely duped; all by people they thought they knew. Someone advised me recently that if you run into a friend with whom Ɣ☺ΰ have broken ties for a while(though social media has robbed us all of the sense to miss anyone these days), be very cautious in dealing with such people until such a time Ɣ☺ΰ can be convinced of where they've been and what they've been up to. In other words, until Ɣ☺ΰ can "destranger" them, deal cautiously with them(family members inclusive). This reminds me of that scene in Tyler Perry's "For coloured girls" where the lady invited her rapist into her own home inadvertently. Fine boy. Pure stranger. BIG TROUBLE!
So my motto henceforth is if Ɣ☺ΰ are not a celebrity of any sort(like ilsa-aida.com - associative integrity) and I don't know your "behind" from Adam(personal integrity), my friend(in the voice of Nigeria police when they got one on Ɣ☺ΰ), Ɣ☺ΰ are a STRANGER.
Now you know.
 
SPARK! Let's change it.

6 comments:

  1. Hey There. I found your weblog using msn. That is an
    extremely well written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.


    Here is my website; registry cleaner

    ReplyDelete